What you need to know about flush-mounted doors or invisible doors, as they are also called:
- the box for such doors is mounted in a specially designated wall niche, and thus the door leaf is in the same plane with the wall;
- hinges for concealed doors are also hidden;
- flush-mounted doors can only be used between rooms; they are not intended for outdoor use.
As you can see, the choice of flush-mounted doors must be approached with particular care, since their characteristics are special.
Flush-mounted doors can be either wide or narrow, standard height or under 3 meters. You can choose a door leaf for painting, creating the necessary shade for a particular interior - monochrome or with contrasting solutions.
- compactness. The lightness and airiness of the interior is achieved due to the absence of additional elements in the form of platbands. This is what allows flush-mounted doors to be installed in rooms with a limited area.
- harmony. Thanks to a wide range of decors, concealed doors can harmoniously complement the overall interior design.
Also, it is impossible not to mention the reverse characteristics of flush-mounted doors.
For flush-mounted doors, the flush-mounted plinth is perfect.
Due to the design features, the installation of flush-mounted doors must be carried out at the initial stage of repair, even before external finishing. That is why they require careful planning in advance.